Android customization for connected media player
Our customized Android for an MID device for a Top-5 Consumer Electronics company. Key elements of the project included adding MTP, WM-DRM and audio post processing.
- IC vendor provides standard Android package
- Customer (Top-5 Consumer Electronics company) requires an MID with features not readily available on Android Éclair
- WM-DRM with Microsoft Plays For Sure (PFS) compliance
- Support for Fast Forward / Rewind
- Audio post processing enhancements such as Equalizer & Surround sound
MTP / WMDRM for Android:
- Media Content Provider extended to handle MTP metadata.
- Unified database for media transferred through MSC and MTP.
- Notification when MTP is on.
- Ported MTP SDK to run as a native library
- IP / USB based transport
- Low-level SQLite DB interactions
- DRM SDK integrated with Media Framework
- Added MTP driver to USB gadget driver framework
- Switch between MSC and MTP
- Interoperable with Win7, Vista, XP, Win 2000, Linux and MAC
Audio post processing:
- Frame work in Android to allow OEM to add proprietary post processing algorithm
- Possible to add a chain of audio effects
- 7 band Equalizer created by AllGo as standard
- Agnostic of Media framework (Opencore, Gstreamer, Stagefright)
- Supports 16-bit / 24-bit audio