CarPlay is a technology promoted by Apple to connect the automotive Head Unit displays to the Apple smartphones. CarPlay allows the Apple smartphone to project a screen to the Head Unit display over USB. The Head Unit can launch and control the applications exposed by the smartphone using touch and knobs / keys. Apple speech assistant software 'Siri' can also be invoked from the Head Unit steering wheel control. CarPlay also allows navigation application, along with voice prompts for directions, to be launched and controlled from the Head Unit. CarPlay is part of iOS versions 7.1 and above.
The CarPlay SDK from AllGo provides a fully featured implementation which has been ported on multiple OSes and SOCs. AllGo also provides the associated iAP2 client, gadget driver framework, role switching and audio integration capabilities, thereby offering a one-stop solution to customers eager to go to production in the least amount of time.
- Full Featured: Supports all CarPlay features (Screen Projection, Siri support, meta data support, knob / button control)
- One-stop solution: Availability of all associated firmware and integration capability - iAP2 client, gadget drivers, role switching and audio integration
- Optimized for Performance: Low latency player
- 3rdparty application support: iHeartRadio, Spotify, Podcast, Rdio
- Proven solution: Multiple customers working on production programs
- Tested with the latest versions of iOS and iPhones
- Lifetime support for certification, upgrades and maintenance
Wide OS & SOC availability:
- Linux, Android, WinCE and QNX
- NXP iMX6, TI J6, Nvidia Tegra 3 / K1, Renesas H1 / H2,Telechips
Software block diagram:
Platform for futuristic connected car infotainment demonstration
We developed an advanced concept platform for CES with cutting edge features such as integrated radio and cluster UI, HMI with tactile feedback and cloud based personal content access.
[ More ]