- MTP Host/ Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND Receiver)
- MTP/ Janus DRM (WMDRM-PD)
- Optimised to run on embedded devices.
- Ported to multiple OSes and platforms
- Proven in multiple products
MTP/ Janus DRM (WMDRM-PD)[+]
- SDK Interoperates with WMP host on the PC for content transfer (syncing)
- SDK supports WMDRM10
- SDK has Metadata support for elements synced using WMP
- SDK includes the DRM decryption functionality which needs to be integrated with the WMA decoder on the device to playback synced protected content
- Platform specific optimisations for USB driver & ATA can be done depending on customer’s platform
- We provide platform independent MTP/ Janus SDK. The figure below presents a block level description of a WMDRM system. The boxes in blue are part of AllGo SDK.
- The SDK implements all
- a) Mandatory MTP Basic Commands and
- b) Mandatory Windows Media DRM 10 for Portable Devices MTP Extension Commands
- The SDK, when integrated with the device, enables the device to interact with the Windows media player on the PC.
- To enumerate the contents of the device on the PC
- To transfer digital media from PC to device and vice versa
- To synchronize protected DRM contents on to the device from PC
- To synchronize playlists from WMP on to the device
- To format the contents on the device using WMP (soft formatting)
- Janus DRM specifications
- Supports Windows DRM 10
- Supports Secure Clock and Anti-Rollback (Requires real time clock on the device)
- Supports Metering (Requires real time clock on the device)
- Enforces playcount restrictions for licensed content with that have finite play count
- The SDK maintains a database for storing the properties of the content transferred to the device from the PC. This database can be queried using the Database APIs, by the browse component of the device to display the contents and their properties (Artist, Album etc.)
The following Metadata will be supported for each element synchronised:
- Object File Name
- The SDK includes the DRM decryption functionality which needs to be integrated with the WMA decoder on the device to playback protected content. The APIs needed to integrate with the WMA decoder will be provided.
MTP Host / Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND Receiver)[+]
- MTP Host / Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND Receiver) SDK consists of MTP Host, PFD (1-wire) Receiver and Cardea libraries.
- SDK is capable of streaming audio from a device which acts as a PFD Transmitter (WMDRM-ND(T))
- SDK supports Cardea decryption while streaming protected content.
- Platform specific optimisations can be done depending on customer’s platform.
- Available on the following platforms:
- Flex OS (Coldfire)
- We provide platform independent WMDRM-ND(R) SDK. The figure below presents a block level description of the system. The boxes in blue are part of AllGo SDK.
The figure shows a PFD (1-wire) system streaming contents from a PFD device (WMDRM-ND (Transmitter)). If protected content needs to be streamed, it uses Cardea for decryption. While streaming unprotected content, the Cardea decryption module is bypassed.
- MTP Host/ Cardea SDK implements all
- a) MTP Host commands required for doing PFD(1-wire)
- b) Mandatory Windows Media DRM for Network Devices (WMDRM-ND) AAVT (Advanced audio video transport ) MTP Extension Commands required at the Host end.
- The WMDRM-ND(R) SDK, when integrated with the device D2, enables the device to interact with another device D1 capable of being a PFD (1-wire) streaming server (WMDRM-ND(T)).
- a) To enumerate the contents of device D1 on device D2.
Android customization for connected media player
Our customized Android for an MID device for a Top-5 Consumer Electronics company. Key elements of the project included adding MTP, WM-DRM and audio post processing.
Low cost car radio solution with iAP & MTP
We developed and maintained a full-scale low cost car radio solution called TRIO on Coldfire MCF 5249/51 on behalf of its customer Freescale. TRIO has been deployed by 8 automotive Tier1’s worldwide.