Mirrorlink is the consortium of automotive and smartphone industry to define an interoperable standard that allows automotive head units to interact and control applications running on smartphones.
AllGo ConnectTM is the application specific protocol defined by AllGo to enable selected smartphone applications to interwork with automotive head units. It currently supports Internet Radio and Navigation applications with the ability to be extended to other applications.
iPod Out allows the iOS device to use the head unit display for music browsing. iPod Out is a feature of the iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) defined by Apple and forms a part of AllGo’s iAP SDK.
- Full Featured
- Compatible with MirrorLink® specification 1.1
- Supports VNC, RTP and CDB
- Supports USB transport; WiFi & BT integration in progress
- Designed for portability
- Portable on multiple Operating Systems and processors
- Stack is completely independent of the application GUI/HMI stack
- Stack includes UPnP to reduce platform dependency
- The stack has been tested with certified phones like Samsung Galaxy S3, Nokia 603 and Nokia 701
- More devices are under testing
- Life time support
- AllGo can provide lifetime support by updating the SDK as the standard evolves and as new certified phones come into the market
- Low footprint & MHz
- Stack designed to be low in code & memory size and CPU MHz
- Multiple devices support
- The stack works on multiple devices spread over multiple network interfaces
- The stack supports launching multiple client sessions at the same time
- Avoid driver distraction
- The stack enables dynamic switching to car mode and thereby avoid driver distraction
- Transport Agnostic
- The stack is independent of the transport mechanism used (USB, WiFi, BT)
- The SDK is available in a format that is integrated with the AllGo multimedia engine (RACE). It is also available as a stand-alone software that can be used by any application
- The SDK supports well defined and well documented APIs that makes the development of application easy
AllGoConnect defines an identification and control protocol which facilitates multiple smartphone applications to share a common transport interface for interacting with the head unit. Presently, it supports Internet Radio and Navigation applications in Android, iPhone and Blackberry smartphones.
- Lightweight control protocol for head units to control specific smartphone applications
- Support for Android, Blackberry phones over Bluetooth and iPhone over iAP
- Support for Internet Radio and Navigation applications, with more applications to be added
- Offerings include SDK’s for head-unit and supports smartphone operating systems
“iPod Out” of iPhone (with iOS 4 and above) allows it to take complete control over music browsing display and other controls of the head unit. iPod Out ( part of Apple defined iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) ) has been included in AllGo’s iAP SDK.
This SDK from AllGo offers different accessory makers a multi product proven an implementation of the iPod / Apple Accessory Protocol. Also, it has been successfully ported across multiple Operating Systems.
- Full featured: Works with all iPods, iPhones and iPad; kept updated with the latest revisions of iPod Accessory Protocol
- Highly robust: Multiple design-in’s in automotive and accessory products
- Designed for portability: Runs on multiple OS’s and processors
- Lifetime support: Updates for new revisions of iPod/iPhone/iPad as they become available
Low cost car radio solution with iAP & MTP
We developed and maintained a full-scale low cost car radio solution called TRIO on Coldfire MCF 5249/51 on behalf of its customer Freescale. TRIO has been deployed by 8 automotive Tier1’s worldwide.
Platform for futuristic connected car infotainment demonstration
We developed an advanced concept platform for CES with cutting edge features such as integrated radio and cluster UI, HMI with tactile feedback and cloud based personal content access.